The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is an award winning, research-based curriculum that features exploration and discovery as a way of learning, enabling children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills through play.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool helps teachers plan days filled with meaningful and engaging experiences in your child’s classroom.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool provides content and tools to encourage and support every type of learner and addresses all the important areas of learning.
Teaching children to be creative, confident thinkers.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool:
• Based on 38 objectives for development and learning that include predictors of school success.
• Fully aligns with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards.
• Addresses all important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
• Provides daily, built-in opportunities for observation to help teachers assess the progress of each child.
• Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction to help meet the needs of every type of learner.
Assessing Your Child’s Progress
Every Child in our program is an individual, with different interests, skills, strengths, and needs. Our goal is to get to know as much as possible about each and every child so that we can guide learning and plan experiences that are just right. To do this, we use an authentic, ongoing, observation-based assessment system to gather information on each child’s development and learning.
What is “authentic, ongoing, observation-based assessment?”
This kind of assessment simply means that we will:
• observe your child during regular, everyday activities on a continuous basis;
• document what we see and hear;
• take notes, collect samples of your child’s drawings and writing attempts, or take photos or video clips;
• compare the information collected to research-based, widely held expectations for children of similar ages or grades;
• and use the information to support your child’s learning and meet his or her individual needs.
What tool will be used to assess your child’s development and learning?
We use a valid and reliable assessment tool called Teaching Strategies GOLD TM. The starting point for the assessment is 38 research-based objectives, including many predictors of future school success. Teaching Strategies GOLD TM describes the pathway, or progression, of how children develop and learn. We use the documentation collected to determine your child’s progress related to these objectives.
What information will be shared with me about my child’s development and learning?
We will share with you your child’s progress in relation to the 38 objectives. We will also invite you to share your own observations about your child. We will discuss the ways to support your child’s development and learning in the classroom and share information about what you can do at home to help.